In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to download and install Microsoft Visual Studio Code V-1.41.0 Software on a windows PC.
Visual Studio Code is a streamlined, freeware ‘built on open-source’, cross-platform source-code-editor that is built and optimized for building and debugging web and cloud applications. It’s source-code was released under the MIT License and its available on GitHub. VS Code provides comprehensive code editing, navigation and understanding support along with lightweight debugging, a lightweight integration with existing tools and a rich extensibility model.
Some of the features that set Visual Studio Code apart include;
- IntelliSense; this feature provides intelligent auto-completion of your code based on variable types, function definitions and imported modules.
- Built-in Git commands; this makes working with Git and other supply-chain-management (SCM) providers very easy. You can easily push and pull from any SCM service.
- Customizable and Extensible; VS Code is easily customizable and it gives you the capability to include more features by installing extensions to add new languages, themes, debuggers and connection to additional services.
- Run and debug within the editor; VS Code allows you to debug your code right from the editor with break points, call stacks and an interactive console.
Difference between Visual Studio Code and Microsoft Visual Studio IDE;
- Visual Studio Code is just a simple code editor that aims to provide just the tools a developer needs for a quick code-build-debug cycle Whereas Visual Studio is a fully featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) with advanced features for collaboration and complex workflows.
- Visual Studio Code is cross-platform, that is, it can run on Windows OS, Linux OS and MacOS with the ability to be extended by installing plugins or extensions Whereas MS Visual Studio IDE was built for Windows OS and their is a separate version for MacOS.
Video Tutorial (Installation Guide):
Watch the video here for installation instructions…
Minimum System Requirements:
Before installing the software on your PC make sure it meets the following minimum system requirements;
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Memory (RAM); 1GB of RAM required
- Hard Disk space: 200MB of free space required
- Processor: 1 GHz – Intel Dual Core processor or later
- Architecture: 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) windows.
- Framework: .NET Framework 4.5.2
Visual Studio Code free Download:
This is a complete offline installer and standalone setup for Visual Studio Code and it’s compatible with both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) windows machines.
Software Setup details;
- Setup file name: Sonalabs.org-Visual-Studio-Code-1.41.0.rar
- Full Setup size: 120 MB
- Setup type: Offline Installer / Full standalone setup
- Compatibility Architecture: 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64)
- Developer: Microsoft.
Click on the red button below to download Visual Studio Code.
So basically this is how you download and install Visual Studio Code V-1.41.0 on your Windows PC. We hope you had a smooth ride with the entire installation process. In case you encounter any errors during the installation process, feel free to leave a comment below;
Have fun editing and debugging your code…