In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to download and install Java Development Kit (JDK 16) Software on a Windows 7/8/8.1/10 PC.
Java Development Kit (JDK) is a software kit released by Oracle Corporation that includes a private JVM (Java Virtual Machine) and tools used for developing and testing programs written in the Java programming language and running on the Java platform.
JDK 16, the latest release (as of march 2021) comes bundled with a complete Java Runtime Environment (JRE) which consists of the JVM and all of the class libraries only useful to developers.
Some of the primary components/programming tools that come bundled with the JDK include;
- Java – the loader for java applications
- Appletviwer – the tool used to run and debug java applets
- Javac – the java compiler which converts source code into java bytecode.
- Javadoc – the automatic documentation generator from source code comments.
- Jar – the archiver that packages related class libraries into a single jar file.
And many more…..
Difference between JDK and an SDK:
The Java Development Kit (JDK) forms an extended subset of a Software Development Kit (SDK).
Minimum System Requirements:
Before installing the software on your PC make sure it meets the following minimum system requirements;
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Memory (RAM); 1GB of RAM required or higher
- Hard Disk space: 450MB of free space required
- Architecture: 64-bit (x64) windows.
Video Tutorial (Installation Guide):
Watch the video here for installation instructions…
Java JDK Software free Download:
This is a complete offline installer and standalone setup for Java JDK 16 Software and it’s compatible with only 64-bit (x64) Windows machines.
Software Setup details;
- Setup file name: jdk-16_windows-x64_bin
- Full Setup size: 151 MB
- Setup type: Offline Installer / Full standalone setup
- Compatibility Architecture: 64-bit (x64)
- Developer: Oracle Corporation.
Click on the red button below to download Java JDK 16 Software.
Have fun building Java programs…