In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to download and install FreeCAD-2021 v0.19 Software on a Windows PC without errors…
FreeCAD is a free and open-source, cross-platform (Win/Mac/Linux), general-purpose parametric 3D Computer-Aided Design (CAD) modeler, and a building information modeling (BIM) software that is made primarily to design real-life objects of any size.
FreeCAD is primarily made for mechanical engineering product design but can also be used by Architects and Electrical/Electronics engineers to model 3D objects with precision and control.
Some of the features that set FreeCAD apart from other CAD software include;
- FreeCAD is made primarily to design objects for the real world using real-world units such as microns, kilometers, inches, feet, or even a combination of units. It offers tools to produce, export, and edit solid full-precision models to be exported for 3D printing or CNC machining.
- FreeCAD offers dedicated workbenches for a variety of purposes such as CSG modeling, simple 2D CAD drafting, architectural or BIM modeling, 3D printing, CAM and CNC, working with OpenSCAD files, designing industrial robot trajectories, doing Finite Element Analyses, and much more.
- FreeCAD allows you to import and export models and many other kinds of data to dozens of different file formats such as STEP, IGES, OBJ, STL, DWG, DXF, SVG, SHP, DAE, IFC, and many more.
- Most of the core functionalities in FreeCAD are coded in C++ for robustness and performance but large parts of the external layers, workbenches, and almost all communication between the core and the user interface is coded in Python, a flexible, user-friendly, easy-to-learn programming language.
- FreeCAD features an advanced geometry engine based on Open CASCADE Technology.
Video Tutorial (Installation Guide):
Watch the video here for installation instructions…
Minimum System Requirements…
Before installing the software on your PC make sure it meets the following minimum system requirements;
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Memory (RAM); 8 GB of RAM required, 16 GB Recommended
- Hard Disk space: 1.4 GB of free space required
- Processor: Intel Core i3 processor or later
- Architecture: 64-bit (x64) windows.
FreeCAD-2021 v0.19 Free Download:
This is a complete offline installer and standalone setup for FreeCAD-2021 v0.19 and it’s compatible with only 64-bit (x64) Windows machines. There is also a 32-bit version of FreeCAD on the FreeCAD website.
Software Setup details;
- Setup file name: FreeCAD-0.19.1.a88db11-WIN-x64-installer
- Full Setup Size: 510 MB
- Setup Type: Offline Installer / Full standalone setup
- Compatibility Architecture: 64-bit (x64) only
- Developers: Jürgen Riegel, Werner Mayer, and Yorik van Havr.
Click on the red button below to download FreeCAD-2021 v0.19
Have fun designing real-life objects for 3D Printing & CNC Machining…